Tour - Whale Shark Explorer (Ocean Tours)
Wednesday , Jan 27, 2021 - 2 Adults
A life-changing experience that invites you to get close to the docile and slow-moving whale shark, the largest fish in the sea, reaching lengths of 40 feet, or more.
The tour starts with a 45-minute speedboat ride to the whale shark area, between Holbox and Mujeres islands. Upon arrival, you will get to dive and admire this wonderful marine creature.
After that, a snorkeling experience awaits you in a breathtaking coral reef. And by the end of the tour, you will enjoy a delicious lunch in Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres.
Available from Cancun, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Tulum
4 h approx
Available on the following days
-Monday to Sunday from hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya (except on the 30th of each month)
-Pick-up time: 6:00 am to 9:00 am (depending on the location of your hotel, ask for participating hotelsl)
-Sandwiches and fruit
-Speed boat ride to the whale shark area (45 min)
-Swimming with the whale shark
-Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour
-Snorkeling gear and lifejacket
-Guided tour in Spanish and English (ask for availability in other languages)
-USB with pictures and video
-$13 USD dock and marine fee
-Change of clothes
-Cap or hat
-Minimum age to participate: 8
-Minors aged 8 to 11 pay the child rate
-This activity is not suitable for pregnant women, or persons with heart conditions, motor issues, back or neck problems, or recent surgeries
-People under the effects of alcohol and drugs are not permitted
-Number of jumps permitted per participant: 3 jumps
-As the whale shark is an endangered species, you must comply with the following:
* The use of wetsuit or lifejacket is mandatory
* It is forbidden to get closer than 16.4 feet from the head, and 19.6 m from the tail.
* You should not interfere with the whale shark swimming treks
* Avoid sudden movements in the water when approaching the whale shark
* The use of sunscreen is not allowed
-We guarantee whale shark sighting, however, if you miss it on your first attempt, you are invited to reschedule, if this is not possible you will get a refund
Full refund will apply in the following cases:
1. When the service is canceled by the supplier.
2. Due to illness, presenting a doctor's report.
3. The Cancellation or date change is made prior to 11:00 am the day before the service.
No refunds will apply:
1. If the client does not show on the date and time of service.